Sunday, November 3, 2013

La chemise en soie parfaite ... by Everlane

I like uniforms and my first attempt at building one did not work out.  I wanted a foundation of dress shirts.  I tried Brooks Brothers fitted shirts and they did not fit me for long work days, trips in planes and trains, were too short and not designed for my post baby figure (size 6, 34DD).  I ended with a lot of tugging and pulling on the chest.

Then came Everlane with the silk shirt.  I bought one size smaller than suggested, in a Small, oddly enough but the fit works without gaping.  The material is perfect.  For reference it is night and day from the thin lack luster version from Uniqlo.  The Everlane silk shirts make the work outfit.

I picked out the boring navy and light grey version in the rounded collar.  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment